Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In Which I Show Off A Hopper

Apparently, the difference between a first baby and a second is that with the first, you rush home right after the ultrasound, scan the pictures, and put them up on your blog immediately. With the second, it takes a couple of weeks. Sorry, Hopper. (Which reminds me: for the remainder of this pregnancy, the small person sharing my body shall be called Hopper, short for Grasshopper. I named this person Grasshopper right after seeing the positive pregnancy test and it turns out to be a very apt name because I'm pretty sure he spends ALL of his awake time doing exactly that. Hopping, that is. No gentle flutters and rolling around for this one...he's all about making his presence FELT.)

From the above paragraph, you might have surmised that yes, he is in fact a HE. I'm so excited at the idea of having two little boys close in age and Luke regularly talks about his "baby brother." In fact, at the bookstore this evening, he picked out a snowman board book to read to his baby brother.

Here's Hopper in profile:

And here he is in 3-d, hiding his face behind his hand:


And here he is, smiling as much as an 18-week-old fetus can smile:


We never had the 3-d ultrasound with Luke, so it was pretty cool to watch Hopper make faces and suck his thumb. Plus, I think maybe he has my nose.

No comments: