Sunday, July 31, 2011

Big Brother

Luke is completely taken by his new baby brother and frequently comes over to "see" him. His definition of "seeing" seems to be a cross between rubbing, patting, and trying to convince us to let him hold Weston. Here's some of what he's said recently about the baby:

Luke, putting his face right next to Weston's: Baby Weston, are you a cutie pie?
Me: Luke, are you a cutie pie?
Luke: No, I'm a boy! Baby Weston is a cutie pie.

Luke: Baby Weston, you have a birdie and a crocodile on your shirt. See them? They go cheep-cheep-chomp.

Luke, bringing me his (non-working, battery-less) cell phone: There's a picture of Baby Weston in my phone! See?

Luke, later talking on his cell phone: Hi, Other Baby! What are you doing? I playing with Baby Weston. He has small feet.

Luke, at least 10 times daily, usually when I'm nursing Weston: Baby Weston, are you all right? Are you ok?

Luke, in the car, to a crying Weston: Baby Weston, it's okay...don't be scared.

I'm surrounded by an insane amount of cuteness right now. Here's hoping the big brother honeymoon doesn't end too soon.

1 comment:

Nana said...

my favorite is cheep-cheep-chomp! He's going to be a very entertaining big brother!