Sunday, July 10, 2011

Busy Like Bees

Could I just take a minute to point out AGAIN that this late pregnancy insomnia makes zero sense to me? None. Whatsoever.

That being said, at least it gives me the time to update this poor, neglected blog. I haven't been doing much writing lately because instead, we've been doing a whole lot of living. (We also haven't been doing much in the way of laundry, dishes, or keeping to a decent schedule for the same reason. That's going to catch up with us and SOON.) Ever since Luke was born, I've tried to have at least one Thing To Do every day because it gives us a chance to get out of the house. When Other Baby was here, we sometimes skipped one or two days of the week because getting the two of them fed, dressed, out the door, down the stairs, and into the car was sometimes just more trouble than it was worth, but still, we were usually pretty good about it.

This past week? Every single day, I've had at least three different things to do. Now granted, some of these were things like, "Go to Toddler Gym Class." Probably not a huge priority in the grand scheme of things. Except that really, that's "Go to Toddler Gym Class because this might be the last week that you get to take Luke to do that for a while." And when I add in that second part, of COURSE I have to take him. Plus, I took on a few projects that I really should finish before Hopper gets here. Plus, we decided that NOW would be a good time to start house hunting. Ahahahahahaha.

So this house hunting thing? I have to admit, it's a lot of fun, but I also think it's a lot of why I'm not sleeping at night. I just can't. stop. thinking. about it. I told our real estate agent that I'd like to see as many places as possible before Hopper decides to join us on the outside, and she took me at my word, because we've been going out approximately every 2-3 days this past week and seeing 7-8 houses each time. Luckily, Luke LOVES this process. Half the time, when I ask this kid if he'd like to go to the playground, he replies with, "No, just play at home right now." But so much as mention the possibility of going to look at houses, and he's all, "Go see big houses now? Guk see more big houses? Mama, wanna see houses? I'm goin' see lots and lots and lots and lots of big houses. See houses now? Houses? Big houses? Let's go see them!" And so on. Apparently, he enjoys narrating the houses: "This is the kitchen. See the sink? This is the living room. I found a bathtub! There's a biiiiig potty. I see a dead bug in the closet!" He walks around, inspecting every corner and crevice, going up and down the stairs, and checking out the backyards. And of course, he's particularly helpful when it comes to pointing out bugs, stray cats, and the ambient noises in the neighborhoods--airplanes, frogs, whatever.

Slowly, but surely, we're going down the list of things we need to do before Hopper arrives and I'm hoping we can check off a few more of the biggies before he decides to join us.

No comments: