Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Channeling Patience

I suck at waiting. So let's start there.

And now, let me tell you all the things I'm waiting for right now:
1. Hopper
2. A house
3. Our real estate agent to call. me. back. about an aforementioned house.
4. The chance to run out to the store because I've realized that the nasal aspirator we had when Luke was born has turned into a bath toy and we NEED another one before Hopper arrives.
5. Tomorrow morning, so that I can go to my midwife appointment and hear Hopper's heartbeat again. I know that at this point, he's so big that if I'm ever feeling uncertain about the existence of a heartbeat, I can just poke him and rest assured that when he moves indignantly away from the poke, he's probably doing just fine, but still. I like hearing the heartbeat.
6. This dumb cold I caught to go. away. I mean, really. It's the middle of summer. I'm 38 weeks pregnant. I'm 50 pounds heavier than I was 10 months ago. It's over 100 degrees outside. Do I really need to have a cold right now? Huh, UNIVERSE?
7. Did I mention the house? And the real estate agent? Who needs to CALL ME BACK?
8. The motivation to do laundry, clean the bathroom, or tidy the living and dining rooms, all of which should ideally be done before Hopper gets here.
9. McMoose to be done working. Not so much because I need help with anything, but just because I need to look at a living, breathing human being and make this noise: AAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH. Because I. hate. waiting. (And now, I'm guessing that if McMoose reads this post before the end of the day, he might just invent some extra work for himself to do so that he doesn't have to listen to me making that noise all evening long.) (And also, I made that noise at Luke before he went down for his nap. He looked up from the lego zoo he was building, grinned, and said, "Mama, you are being loud." Kid, let me tell you about the pot who called the kettle black.)

No comments: