These late night/early morning posts are kind of becoming a habit, aren't they? Probably one I should nip in the bud.
Weston turned eight months old today...uh...yesterday? Yes, I suppose that technically, it was yesterday. Over the past month, he's gotten to be a pretty fast crawler and has gotten much steadier on his feet. He's always pulling up on something and earlier in the month, the thing he was pulling up on had to be pretty stable to give him the support he needed to get to his feet, but over the past couple of days, he has started pulling up on objects that move and shift. Just today, he stood up at the coffee table and looked at me and I thought, My goodness, when did he get so TALL? It wasn't so very long ago that his head was shorter than the table and now, his entire face is above it.
He has really been enjoying life as a little brother this month. He has been interacting so much more with Luke and there have been times when I can genuinely say that they're playing together. A couple of weeks ago, there was a loud noise that scared Weston and he began fussing, but instead of crawling to me, he crawled straight to Luke for protection. These are the moments that make my soul happy.
He has also been babbling a lot more. For a while, I was concerned because he wasn't babbling "the right way," but he seems to have figured it out. He constantly follows me around, saying, "Mama, mama, mama!" I know that sounds ridiculous because eight-month-olds do not talk and in all likelihood, he's probably just making an easy consonant sound, BUT he really seems to say it TO ME. When he's upset, he crawls around in search of me and says, "Mama." I know it sounds crazy, but still, it sounds to my ears (and McMoose's ears and Luke's ears) like he's really calling for me.
I am amazed by how persistent he is. He goes for the same (forbidden) objects time and again...and by "time and again," I mean "thirty times in a row." Seriously. He thinks it's a great game to go for the electrical outlet or the dvd tower or my sewing machine cords over and over as I move him away. In fact, he frequently makes noise to get my attention, waits until I see him, and then tucks his head down and makes a beeline for the forbidden object. Something tells me that this one is going to give me a run for my money!
Every night, as I nurse him to sleep, I ask him if he feels how very much we love him and though I know he doesn't understand what I'm saying, his response is always to smile and pat my face. Maybe he does understand, after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment