Usually, when I shower, Weston grumbles. And by "grumbles," I mean "screams at the top of his lungs." It makes for some stressful showers. (Did you know that you can get your entire body soaped and rinsed off in 27 seconds? Just in case you were wondering.)
Yesterday morning, however, I got a nice, long, peaceful shower. Weston sat in his baby seat and Luke sat beside him and they "traded" toys back and forth. I was keeping an ear on them because they were literally two feet away from me, but the glass door fogs up, as glass doors tend to do.
Imagine my surprise when I stepped out, refreshed, to find Weston...chewing...on something.
Me: What are you eating?!
Luke: It's okay, Mama. He's having a raisin.
Me: He's having a WHAT?!
Luke: A raisin. We're both eating raisins. We're sharing!
Me: I don't think he CAN eat raisins.
Luke, looking at me like I had lost my mind: Yes, he can. He's doing it right now, see?
Me: Well, no, but...What I meant...Uh...Gah! Ok. He's eating raisins. Wait. Did you share your peanut butter cereal with him, too?
Luke, speaking very slowly, as if to a particularly obtuse individual: No. Do you remember that he doesn't have any teeth?
(In Luke's defense, he was being very sweet and smushing each raisin before feeding it to "his baby," as he still refers to Weston.)
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment