This week, Luke and I have been reading Little House in the Big Woods and I'm at least as interested in the story as he is. We sneak in a chapter in the morning, maybe another before quiet time, and a couple more before bed and each time we get to the end of a chapter, we have a conversation that goes something like this:
Me: So that's the end of that chapter.
Luke: Yup. It sure is.
Me: Yup.
Luke: So...
Me: So...
Luke: Well...
Me: Yeah...
Luke: Maybe we should...
Me: Read another chapter?
Luke: Yes! I love that idea!
Me: Ok, me too! Let's do it.
We end up feeling quite like co-conspirators and instead of our usual 5 or 10 minutes of reading together, we end up reading for an hour. We are living up this last week of summer break.
Me: So that's the end of that chapter.
Luke: Yup. It sure is.
Me: Yup.
Luke: So...
Me: So...
Luke: Well...
Me: Yeah...
Luke: Maybe we should...
Me: Read another chapter?
Luke: Yes! I love that idea!
Me: Ok, me too! Let's do it.
We end up feeling quite like co-conspirators and instead of our usual 5 or 10 minutes of reading together, we end up reading for an hour. We are living up this last week of summer break.
No comments:
Post a Comment