Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back to School

On Monday, Luke's preschool had a transition day, which meant that he had a slightly shortened day and I got to go with him while Weston got some solo time with McMoose. Last year, Luke started school in the middle of the year, so we didn't get to see all the beginning of the year stuff that happened. This year, I'm getting to experience it and I admit that I was skeptical about the logistics of transition day at first. I was worried that the children with stay-at-home parents would get to come and the ones with working parents would not--but as it turned out, all the kids in Luke's class came and it was a lovely, sweet way to re-introduce the kids to preschool. Plus, have you tried asking a four-year-old what went on at school? At least at our house, those conversations go something like this:

Me: How was your day?
Luke: Good.
Me: Did you do anything fun?
Luke: Yes.
Me: ...Would you like to tell me about it?
Luke: I went to school.
Me: ...Yes, I realize. What did you do there?
Luke: I'm not going to tell you.
Me: Right. Any new friends?
Luke: Yes. 
Me: Who? 
Luke: Kids at my school.
Me: Do they happen to have names?
Luke: I think so. 
Me: Do you know any of these names?
Luke: Well...I just know my own name because it's Luke.

Here are some pictures from today (his first full day of school...because I forgot to take them on Monday.)