My house is clean (for a place that houses two adults, two littles, a dog, and two cats.)
My house is quiet (compared to the din that usually fills these walls.)
I have managed to check off the things that were on my to-do list for today and we're only halfway through the day.
I had enough time to put lunch together while the kids played without squabbling. Had enough time to sit down and eat with them instead of trying to catch up on whatever I was falling behind on. Had enough time to wipe down the table and sweep the crumbs off the floor so that later this afternoon, I will not have to battle the ants that so love to invade our home.
More and more, I find myself feeling like I've got this life-as-a-parent thing under control. Finally.
(I'll sit here, enjoying the clean and the quiet for the next few minutes until the next big disaster happens.)
My house is quiet (compared to the din that usually fills these walls.)
I have managed to check off the things that were on my to-do list for today and we're only halfway through the day.
I had enough time to put lunch together while the kids played without squabbling. Had enough time to sit down and eat with them instead of trying to catch up on whatever I was falling behind on. Had enough time to wipe down the table and sweep the crumbs off the floor so that later this afternoon, I will not have to battle the ants that so love to invade our home.
More and more, I find myself feeling like I've got this life-as-a-parent thing under control. Finally.
(I'll sit here, enjoying the clean and the quiet for the next few minutes until the next big disaster happens.)
1 comment:
well, without a few little disasters scattered here and there, life might get to be a little boring -- enjoy the peace and quiet while you have it -- we love you Jim and Karen
Post a Comment