Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Left Out

Today was Luke's first dentist visit. He wasn't thrilled about it beforehand, but when we got to the exam room and he realized that he'd get to sit in a fancy chair and watch cartoons the whole time, he got on board with the plan. The biggest hurdle the dental hygienists faced was getting him to keep his mouth open because he was so hypnotized by the tv that he forgot there were people with their fingers in his mouth.

Weston was hugely jealous of the whole deal. The chair, the TV, the goody bag at the end, all of it. So much so that halfway into the visit, he decided that he needed to get his teeth cleaned, too.

Weston to hygienist: Hey. Hey! I need you brush my teeth in that chair. I can watch that movie, too.
Hygienist: Aww, he's so cute.
Weston: No, I am not cute. My teeth are really dirty and they're reddish-brownish. There are orange pieces stuck in there and I need to brush them. And I want a bouncy ball for my present in my bag, ok?

Leave it to my kid to throw a fit at the dentist's office...because he was denied a tooth cleaning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some hilarious children you have made. So happy there are some more "Mary's" in the world.