Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Great Escape

The Dog staged an elaborate escape today. He started by convincing me that even though it was McMoose's morning to walk him, McMoose had forgotten all about him and that he was just dying to go out. Since I had nothing better to do, I decided that I'd take him out again, just in case McMoose really had forgotten. And that was my first mistake.

Which brings us to my second mistake: the harness. When McMoose and I were in India, we had left The Dog with some friends of ours and apparently, we didn't make it entirely clear that The Dog did not have to wear his harness 24-7. As a result, when we got him back, he had a giant bald spot on his back and his harness was missing what is apparently a very important part. Up until now, we've continued using the harness even though it was a little bit loose and there have been no huge mishaps.

Enter the FedEx truck. Aka The Dog's arch rival. Apparently, seeing the truck gave The Dog super-canine powers and he very deftly slipped out of the harness. For a dog that spends most of his life in hibernation, he's got fast little legs. You know how I remember my neighbors by their quirks? Yeah, anyone who saw me today is going to remember me as the girl who had to trap her dog in the tennis court so she could re-capture him.

No comments: