- I slept in for an extra 15 minutes this morning. As a result, I got to campus 55 minutes later than I usually do. Someone want to explain that time discrepancy to me? Because I sure as hell can't figure it out.
- When I finally did get to campus, there were three people in fluorescent orange vests directing traffic into the parking lot. Which meant that every person in Raleigh between the ages of 18 and 25 were on this campus this morning. And they were all trying to find parking spots. So I got an extra long walk this morning, which means that I can eat my cupcake tonight without feeling guilty about the sinful frosting.
- My first classroom smelled like formaldehyde, which seems foreboding, considering that it's not a lab, but an actual lecture hall.
- I asked for my lunch bagel with cheese and capers, but no tomatoes or onions. Instead, I got cheese, extra tomatoes, cooked onions, and olives. And a sad piece of lettuce. When I went back to ask for my capers, the woman tried to hand me more olives. How do you work at a bagel/sandwich shop and not know the difference between olives and capers? That's like working at a vet's office and not knowing the difference between a rodent and a reptile.
- I have two extra people in my office now that the semester is underway and one of them just brought in a set of 12 office mail cubby things. I'm very intrigued and the urge to leave cryptic messages in each cubby is almost irresistible.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Let's Just File This Under "Random"
My day has been moving along in a series of staccato beats, much as the remainder of this post will:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment