In our quest to find The Perfect Explorer, we took what turned out to be a Very Long Drive to the other end of Raleigh last Saturday and looked at a moderately cool, red one. Granted, it wasn't blue and it drove like a typically big car, which is to say that while I was test driving it, I was very aware that I was farther away from the ground than I like to be and furthermore, that the car could very well roll over at any given moment. I know that SUVs don't USUALLY roll over without provocation, but given their center of gravity, they COULD and that's what bothers me about them. The thing I had liked best about the blue Explorer we drove a few weeks ago is that it drove just like my Matrix, so it felt very comfortable. This red one felt very different, so I was kind of iffy about the whole thing, but it had reasonably low mileage at a very reasonably low price, so I was willing to get over my reservations.
As it turned out, I no longer have to get over those reservations because the darn thing got sold to someone else. And now that buying it is no longer an option, I've somehow managed to completely idealize it and all I can think about is the sun roof and the cool on board computer that told us how many miles we could go before we had to stop for gas and the little number pad lock thing. Plus, the whole low mileage and low cost thing. Plus, now we have to start back at square one, which is the "Locate A Suitable Car In The Raleigh Area" step, which is no fun at all because it involves weeks of McMoose looking at random cars and SUVs and then TELLING ME about things like their engine. And although I'm glad to be included in the car-choosing process, the thing about engines is that as long as the car HAS one? I'm happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment