There are some mornings when leaving the apartment is just the most difficult thing ever and this morning fell squarely within that category. I woke up at 5:30 and then lay in bed for the next 90 minutes alternately trying to fall back asleep or convince myself that I should get up and shower. I WANTED to get up and shower, but the bed was so warm and the rest of the room was so cold that the thought of standing in the coldness and waiting for the shower to warm up was just too much. Plus, The Dog was using my foot as a pillow and he moans pitifully when I disturb him. So instead, I stayed in bed and thought of all the strange things that could happen today. None of the things on this list actually happened, but that's not to say that my day was uneventful either...
-A squirrel tried to kill itself by jumping in front of my car at the last second. I swerved and splashed cold water on him instead. Serves him right, I feel.
-I got to work to find that someone had turned my computer on, opened up a Word document, and typed "Hi, Anisha" and left it on the screen. As far as I know, I was the only one at the office today AND yesterday, so apparently, the campus ghost has been skulking around.
-When I returned to my car after a (very much) shortened day at work, I found a guy from campus parking services standing there. Apparently, they've had a lot of people trying to use fake parking permits lately, so even though my car HAS A PARKING STICKER, he felt it was necessary to run my plates to see if I had actually been issued the pass. I asked him if the fake passes looked like the real ones and he replied, "No. It's pretty easy to pick them out." So...um...why was he running my plates?
-On the drive home, the car in front of me had a christmas tree tied to their roof and one of the branches came flying into my car. I thought my windshield would finally give up the fight and break, but it soldiered bravely on, so I continue to have an intact, albeit cracked, windshield.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment