At the start of this pregnancy, I was super excited about each one of my doctor's appointments because they were so exciting. Plus, until I started showing, the 35 minutes per month that I spent in the obstetric waiting room was the only time when I felt like a Pregnant Person as opposed to, say, a Person With Food Poisoning. Now that I look like I've swallowed a (very large) bowling ball and The Bug spends all his waking moments testing out his leg muscles, "feeling pregnant" is no longer a problem for me, so the doctor's appointments are significantly less exciting.
Of course, this drop in the excitement levels probably also have a lot to do with the fact that at each of my last four appointments, I've been told to drink more water. It was sensible advice the first time I received it because I was legitimately dehydrated. But at this point, I'm already drinking 100-120 oz of water a day, so to tell me to drink more water? Not really helpful. Furthermore, when you spend half your day drinking water, you tend to spend the other half of your day running to the bathroom.
As it turns out, when you reveal to the Doctor that you spend half your day running to the bathroom, it causes her to get a very concerned look on her face and then order Tests X, Y, and Z. Which in turn caused my anxiety levels to go THROUGH THE ROOF. And 20 minutes later, at the end of what turned out to be an unexpectedly painful and complicated visit, she said, "Oh, everything looks fine, but make sure you DRINK MORE WATER."
And then, my water-logged head exploded in frustration.
No comments:
Post a Comment