Monday, January 19, 2009

This, That, Etc.

  • It's MLK day. Which means that campus is like a ghost town. Which in turn means that I got a really great parking spot, but had to walk up seven flights of stairs because they shut the elevators off to conserve power. Meanwhile, they've turned on EVERY SINGLE LIGHT in every hallway of the building, AND they've turned the heat up to approximately 120 degrees. Good plan.
  • I went to Arby's for lunch, where I actually had to go into the building (Imagine that!) because when I tried to order at the drive thru, the response I got from the speaker went something like this: "*Static* blarg goopidy goo *static* beep beep beep beep beep beep." So I went in, ordered my food, and then stood back and watched as one of the workers mopped the kitchen area and about 15 seconds later, another worker walked through the freshly mopped floor carrying a giant vat of ketchup, slipped, fell, and spilled ketchup EVERYWHERE. At which point, the ketchup covered guy on the floor jumped back up, turned to the first worker and said, "Hey, go get a camera, let's do that again!" And this is why going into the restaurant is ALWAYS better than using the drive-thru.
  • I was woken up this morning by the very pervasive smell of cherry chap-stick, so I opened my eyes to see The Dog standing on the bed, looking expectantly at me. Since The Dog's breath usually smells more like garbage and less like fruit flavored lip balm, I was understandably suspicious about the new development. As it turns out, The Dog managed to get into the bathroom trash, take out the tube of chap-stick that I threw out yesterday, and eat the remainder. Oh, and last night? He drank baby oil. I'm not liking this phase. AT ALL.

1 comment:

Rachel Ratliff said...

you should just be proud that toto can freshen his own breath when he needs to. haha.