Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Mish-Mash of A Post

  • My car insurance bill this month had a very strongly worded statement about how, if I can't manage to pay my monthly bills on time, the privilege of being able to pay each month instead of every six months would be taken away. And? The statement was even IN BOLD. With RED LETTERING. It was all very official and I imagine this is what it feels like to be called to the Principal's office.
  • I had a meeting with my advisor this morning. I promised her it would take no more than 20 minutes. In reality, it took nearly 50. But it was quite possibly the most helpful 50 minutes I've had since beginning my graduate program 2-and-a-half years ago, thanks in part to the statement made by my advisor that she will do physical harm to anyone who asks foolish questions about my research. Now that that's taken care of, all I have to worry about is the 20,000 possible NON foolish questions I might have to answer.
  • Before I left the house this morning, I put one sock on my foot and the other sock in my purse. I'm still completely confused about this because WHAT in the world would possess a person to do that? I mean, it's not like putting on two socks is a complicated or novel process. It's something I do EVERY SINGLE DAY. There should be no room for error at this point.

No comments: