I got a phone call at 7:49 this morning from the futon delivery guy, saying that he was on his way. 7:49. That's a whole 11 minutes EARLIER than I wake up on mornings when I have to go to work. And also? It was a whole hour and 11 minutes earlier than the time that I was told to expect the futon to be delivered. I think that's the first time that I've ever had furniture delivered earlier than expected. It was a novel change. Although the next time I order furniture from this store? I'm going to ask for it to be delivered IN THE AFTERNOON.
This was also the first time that there was just one delivery guy. Usually there are two or three or twenty and they grumble about having to carry things up the two flights of stairs to our apartment. This guy? Carried up the entire futon by himself WITH NO COMPLAINT. Nothing. Not one single word about how cold it was (below freezing) or how heavy the box was (pretty heavy, according to McMoose, who pushed it into the hallway to lower the chance of the cats knocking it down and squishing themselves) or how many stairs he had to climb (34. I counted yesterday).
I'm really hoping this guy only had a few things to deliver today and then, he gets paid to spend the rest of the day drinking hot chocolate and playing video games because dude, he totally deserves it.
1 comment:
Ok, I love your post from January 14th about doctors! That was too funny!
Post a Comment