Tuesday, July 7, 2009

2 Months Old!

I decided to take a hiatus from posting last week because McMoose's mom, sister, and 18-month-old nephew had come for a visit. Hey, did you know 18-month-olds are AWESOME? They're possibly the most entertaining people on the planet. Also, possibly the most accident prone. On the plus side, we now know to get edge protectors for our coffee table before Luke starts walking because apparently, coffee tables act as magnets to small heads.

Today marks 2 months from the day Luke was born and to mark this momentous event, he has decided to revert back to his newborn ways. He has been more or less sleeping through the night lately and I've been very excited that I got one of those mythical "good sleepers." Last night, of course, he decided that it was absolutely imperative to wake up in a blind fury every 3 hours. Here's hoping that was a one-night thing because dude, I'm so not feeling a return to the bleary eyed days of serious sleep deprivation.

He has spent this month becoming less blob and more person, as evidenced by the smiling, the rolling over, the focusing on faces, and the tracking of toys and animals and 18-month-old cousins. He has also spent this month becoming much more savvy about How To Get His Way, as evidenced by the staring soulfully into people's eyes while crying RIVERS OF REAL TEARS and the smiling with extraordinary charm when I'm trying to get him to take a nap that he does not want to take. (Because apparently, naps are for babies, and he feels that he is quite grown up. I told him that if that's the case, perhaps he could learn to use a toilet like all the other grown-ups in the house. He responded by rolling his eyes, I'M NOT EVEN JOKING.)

In any case, here's the month in pictures...

We started the month in the blobby phase:
Then came the discovery that sleeping on a person is more comfy than sleeping on a bed...aka: the beginning of the end:
The end of the blobby phase began with the holding up of the massive head:
And continued with the advent of the smile:
And the reaching for the camera:
And the sticking out of the tongue:
There was grouchiness about meeting new people:
And the realization that new people might not be so bad after all:
Of course, this was all a lot of work and required massive amounts of time spent sitting, thinking, and chewing on one's own hand:

2 comments:

Rachel Ratliff said...

Love the first paragraph...so true! Also, very glad that you omitted any and all of the horrendous pictures you may have of me from the last week :) I'll be cropping myself out of all the pictures taken!

Linda said...

These really made me miss y'all. It was a good week. Nana