I got to have lunch with some friends today, one of whom has a baby just a few months older than Luke and at some point in the afternoon, it occurred to me that the last time I had seen this baby, he was Luke-sized and Luke was very much smaller and living in a dark and watery world. In fact, I used to joke that Luke was jealous because as soon as I picked up this other baby, Luke would start kicking at him and there were a few times that he kicked so hard that the other baby actually started crying.
And now, suddenly, Luke is the baby in my lap and my friend's baby is sitting and crawling and reaching for toys and shoes and laptops and oh-my-goodness-when-did-this-happen? When I was pregnant, there was so much possibility and I was in such a state of anticipation and now, all those things I was excited about are here and happening and I just have to say, I love this ride.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment