Friday, August 6, 2010

The Incredible Edible Egg

When I was a sophomore in college, my roommate's parents rented us a beach house on the Carolina coast for a few days during Spring Break and a group of friends and I hung out, played Taboo, and had a lot of margaritas. I car pooled with a friend on the drive down there and during the drive, a car cut my friend off and she made some, um, choice gestures at the driver of said car. And then belatedly realized that there were two little kids in the backseat of the car. We, of course, felt very bad about the whole thing, but figured it was over and done with.

About 20 miles down the road, though, we encountered the same car again and this time, all five passengers were holding up eggs and making menacing faces at us. Our best guess is that they were threatening to egg our car while driving down the highway at 70+ miles per hour. And then, a while later, we encountered them again when they got in the lane ahead of us, opened their windows and dumped liquid (water? soda? pee?) out of McDonald's cups so that it flew back and hit our car. Being 19, we thought the whole thing was hilarious and it only got funnier when, about 30 minutes later, we saw the same car chilling on the side of the road after having been pulled over by a cop (muahaha, take THAT, fools.)

I hadn't thought about this incident in years, but it all came screaming back to me today as Luke and I were driving home from the park because the car in front of me ACTUALLY EGGED THE CAR BESIDE THEM. While we were driving down the road. At about 50 miles per hour.

WHO. DOES. THAT?

No comments: