Monday, August 2, 2010

Quick-post

  • I have a serious case of writer's block, hence the dearth of recent posts.
  • Somehow, writing in bullet form doesn't seem like "real" writing so maybe this will let me circumvent the block.
  • I like big words lately.
  • So does Luke. Case in point: his new words are touchdown, airplane, and congratulations. Have you ever heard the word "congratulations" as uttered by a 14-month-old? Yeah, it sounds nothing like it's supposed to. Then again, neither does "meow," so why am I surprised?
  • We turned his crib into a toddler bed on Friday. BAD. IDEA. Bedtime went from 10-20 minutes of patting to AN HOUR AND A HALF of crawling, climbing, moaning, laughing, kicking the wall, singing, and asking for milk. Dude, what were we thinking?
  • He has a fever, which is making it hard for him to walk. I don't know why, but every time he has a fever, he loses all semblance of balance, stumbles around like a tiny, little drunk man and falls over his own feet. Amusing for me, not so much for him.

No comments: