We were in New Jersey visiting my mom and step-dad this past weekend, which was fun and exhausting all at the same time. I always like driving up north this time of year because even though it's still very much summer here in North Carolina, the trees change from green to yellow and red to brown to halfway bare by the time we're in New Jersey and it kind of feels like traveling through time. Plus, this time McMoose went with me, which was a nice change because I had someone to split the driving with and also, someone to help me find my way back to the interstate when I got lost. Because the GPS system? It kinda sucks at that job.
But this trip was also a little bit nerve wracking because of the whole having to put the Dog in a kennel for the first time in a couple of years thing. We did the research. We found a kennel. We made the reservations and made sure he was up to date on his shots and packed his favorite toys. And we left him with the intimidating looking man at the kennel and hoped that when we returned in three days, he'd still be alive. Luckily for us, not only was he alive when he returned, but he was also freshly bathed and dressed in a very nice, green and blue plaid bandanna. He looked very dapper.
So it's a good kennel, right? They didn't kill the dog. Presumably, the fed him because he wasn't acting like a ravenous wolf when we picked him up. And hopefully, they walked him. But. Whenever I take him out of town or leave him with anyone, I always, ALWAYS pack at least 1-2 days worth of extra food. And this time was no exception. Plus, we picked him up an entire day early. And yet, his food supply was completely gone when we got him. Which means that (a) they fed him twice as much as they should have, (b) they fed his food to other dogs, or (c) they took the remainder of his food. Ok. Fine. I can deal with that. But. They ALSO took his rawhide bone. His BRAND NEW rawhide bone. Which means that I now have to buy not only a new bag of food, but also a new bag of bones. So I saved money on boarding him, but then spent MORE than I saved on his bath, his walks, and the food and bones. Super.
No comments:
Post a Comment