Friday, October 17, 2008

Traffic, Cracker Barrel, and a Vegetable Stew

Again, the bullet-post. Again, a day late.

  • Amount of time it normally takes me to drive home: 25 minutes. Amount of time it took me to drive home last night: 75 minutes. Why, you ask? Because yesterday was the first day of the State Fair. Now, I get that the State Fair is a big deal and that it only comes once a year and all that. But seriously. Whose idea was it to put the fairgrounds on one of the BUSIEST STREETS in Raleigh?
  • Amount of time it normally takes me to drive to work in the morning: 25 minutes. Amount of time it took me to drive to work this morning: 50 minutes. Not as bad as last night, but let's keep in mind that this was at 9:30 on a Friday morning. Which means that as I was chugging along on my way to work, I had to pass all the cheerful families who got to play hooky from work and school so they could munch on boiled peanuts and funnel cakes. YES, I'M JEALOUS.
  • I'm very happily counting down until 7:30 this evening because (a) I get to have dinner with a very good friend and (b) that dinner will be had at CRACKER BARREL. Which tends to be synonymous to PURE, UNADULTERATED JOY. I'm already scanning my mental map of their menu and trying to decide what KIND of joy I plan to indulge in.
  • I'm feeling kind of short and squat today. And yesterday. Possibly because every single person I've encountered for the past 36 hours has been about 7 feet tall. I'm the eggplant in a world full of carrots.

No comments: