Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Early Mother's Day Present

As promised, here are some pictures. It looked like he was going to have reddish blond hair, ala McMoose during his first few hours, but by the next morning, it had darkened to brown. I'm hoping it grows into a mohawk soon.
I know that picture makes it look like he has a unibrow, but I swear he doesn't. He does have quite the frown and death glare, however, and he does not hesitate to use it when we dare to do things like, you know, try to get him to eat.

We wanted to get a picture of his "happy face." This was the end result. Clearly, this kid does not take direction.

I know the blanket covers it up, but his shirt says "I love my mommy." We figured that was appropriate for today. McMoose would like everyone to know that this was his first experience putting a shirt on a baby. It was, however, his 891st experience changing a diaper on that same baby, as I haven't changed a single one yet. I feel it's only fair because after all, no one's asking McMoose to let anyone derive nutrition from sensitive parts of HIS body.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Oooooh! Finally - pictures! This baby is way too cute to be newborn! Now I can see why David sounded like he was grinning the entire time he talked about him on the phone. I think he looks a little like both of you. Quite precious.

Anonymous said...

Precious! Thank you for sharing the pictures. Happy Mother's Day to you!
Love and kisses from Sam and I

Rachel Ratliff said...

He looks just like David! But between you and me, I hope he ends up with your coloring. Indian kids are adorable! Just tell him he can't be cuter than Ryan because Ryan doesn't handle competition well...

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers day Poppins. Lucas looks most adorable.
-Proud Grandparents!!

Anonymous said...

He is amazing! Hope you had a great Mother's Day and that we will be able to catch up soon! Good luck, you guys are great parents already I'm sure!

-Jenna

Anonymous said...

yaaaayyy!!! he's so freakin cute!! but i have to say, i think the facial expressions are from momma. hehe. ;) i've seen that frown once or twice before. congrats! so happy for you guys--you're gonna be great parents. hope everything's going well, let me know if you need anything. see you soon (hopefully)!!!

love to all,
~Cara

Anonymous said...

Congrats Nish! He's adorable! I'm so happy for you guys!

Kate