I discovered the whole "mommy blogging" genre a couple of years ago, when I stumbled onto Dooce's site and spent a couple of hours devouring her funny and honest writing about her life and family. Ever since then, I've been steadily adding to the list of blogs I enjoy reading and many of these fall into the mommy blog category, simply because I've always enjoyed hearing and reading about kids in general. Plus, many of the bloggers I love reading have a wonderful, sarcastic way about them and I do love the fine art of sarcasm.
But as much as I've always loved reading these blogs, lately, they've become almost a lifeline for me. I'm LOVING reading about other people's kids--the colicky babies, the sleepless nights, the tantrumming toddlers, the potty training two-year-olds and all their related accidents. And it's not that I like reading about other people's misery, exactly. It's just that...it's nice to know that other people have no idea what THEY'RE doing either.
Of course, if you really think about that, all it means is that we're all growing human beings and none of us have a clue what's going on. For every study that says babies should do Thing A, there are two more that say Thing A will horrifically damage them for life. So in the end, all you're left with is "follow your gut," and in all honesty, my gut doesn't really have any advice for me right now, other than "You haven't eaten in 13 hours, FEED ME." So really, it's just nice to know that I'm not the only one who didn't get the instruction booklet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love reading blogs myself. I wish I was the prolific writer like you and Samantha. I do enjoy reading what you have to say. I feel like I am there with you. Keep blogging away and I'll keep reading.
hahaha...i'm the say way! i LOVE blogs. they're my connection to the outside world!
Post a Comment