Monday, January 27, 2014

Weston Says...

Every time we drop Luke off at school, Weston and I have the same little discussion. [Background: parents and siblings say good-bye to the preschoolers in the lobby and a teacher walks the kids upstairs to the classrooms. Halfway up the stairs, there's a window and the kids wave to the parents as the parents leave the building.]

Weston: I want to go upstairs!
Me: Let's go wave to Luke, instead.
Weston: Nooo! I want to go upstaiiiirs!
Me: West, we will come and help them with their morning Centers again soon and when we do, you can go upstairs. Not today, though. [More background: we've gone upstairs a few times to "help" with the first part of their day, which is basically free play. So helping in this case means hanging out, chatting with preschoolers, and letting Weston get accustomed to the surroundings since he'll start school there in August.]
Weston: I want to go today! Luke-bear, I want to go with yoouuuu! Let me goooo! You go home, Mama. I will go upstairs and plaaaayyyy!


Weston discovered a toy screwdriver and has been carrying it around everywhere. This morning, when we were on our way to pick Luke up from school, we had this conversation in the car...

Weston: I bringed my screwdriver in the car.
Me: I saw that. Are you planning to fix things in the car?
Weston: Oh, no! There are no screws in the car! I wonder why I didn't bring any screws.
Me: I wonder, too.
Weston: Ohhhh, it's because there are no little screws in our house.


And later this afternoon, the kids were finishing up their lunch while I re-filled the bird feeder. When I came back inside...
Weston: Mama! You didn't see me!
Me: I what?
Weston: You didn't see me. I saw you from the window and I waved and waved and waved. I want you go back out there and wave to me.

No comments: