Thursday, January 16, 2014

What Weston Wants, Part 2

The other day, I was cleaning the bathroom while McMoose was getting Weston ready for bed. Weston kept asking me to do things for him--help with his pajama's, put on his lotion, etc--and I kept replying that I couldn't because I was cleaning, but that McMoose could help. It was a bit of a ploy on my part because over the past few weeks, he has become much more resistant to McMoose helping him with anything and we're trying to ease McMoose back into place as the person who takes care of all baths and putting-to-bed.

I finished up with the cleaning just as McMoose and Weston finished reading their second bedtime book.

Weston, speaking to McMoose: I want you read this one now.
McMoose: No, we already read two. We're all done now.
Weston: Mama, what are you doing?
Me: Putting things away.
Weston: Are you done cleaning?
Me, preoccupied with putting everything back: Yes.
Weston: You done cleaning the bathroom?
Me: Yes, Weston.
Weston: You done cleaning the shower?
Me: Yes.
Weston: ...Then you can read me a book now!

No comments: