Thursday, June 19, 2008

Canine Encounter

I understand the concept of having guard dogs. I really do. I mean, if you have a German Shepard or, I don't know, a 120 pound St. Bernard, I'm thinking a potential burglar would probably think twice about entering your house. And as long as you have this large, potentially menacing dog like that and you're dealing with the hair and the drool and the fact that it probably wants to share your bed with you, you might as well make its presence known to potential burglars, right? After all, there's no such thing as a free bag of dog food.

Across the street from my grandfather's house is a gated yard with a sign that reads, "Beware of Dog." Impressive, yes? Except that on the inside of this gate, maybe about 10 feet from the sign, there sits a very small, very fluffy thing that appears to be half poodle and half guinea pig. And I can't help but feel that if I were a burglar, that sign would feel less like a warning and more like an invitation to rob their house because come on...a 10-pound guard dog? That's what's supposed to keep their house safe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has really been a delight to keep track of your adventures in India through this blog. I see that you are having a great time. Are you looking forward to coming back? How about McMoose?