While we were in India, the Dog was staying with some friends of ours who are trying to decide whether they want to enter the realm of pet ownership themselves. I was worried about leaving him, because the Dog? He tends to be kind of...troublesome. He has to be watched constantly. He's scared of thunder and diesel engines and the FedEx guy. He tries to run away every chance he gets. He licks the carpet. That kind of thing.
Apparently, I underestimated just how much these friends wanted a dog though, because they were very interested in keeping my oh-so-troublesome dog forever. And don't tell McMoose, but I thought about the extra 15 minutes of sleep that I could get in the mornings, and I seriously considered it...for about 53 seconds. So a couple of days ago, I drove up to Virginia to pick him up--in the middle of the day, so that I didn't have to face the heartbroken 8-year-old. Yes, I'm that much of a coward.
And that darn Dog has spent the past two days pouting. Like as if THEY'RE his family and I'm just a common kidnapper. If it weren't for the 4 hour drive and the RIDICULOUS price of gas, I might be tempted to go drop him off again.
No comments:
Post a Comment