While in India, my uncle bought me a new watch and a pair of sunglasses. They're both very nice, and both more expensive than I was comfortable with, but that whole not looking a gift horse in the mouth thing? Yeah, I'm a firm believer. Of course, now that it's a week later, I'm remembering why I'm so uncomfortable with anything that costs more than twenty dollars.
The sunglasses? I really, really thought I packed them. I mean, I checked the ENTIRE ROOM before we left, and there was NOTHING left. Except that when we were unpacking, they were nowhere to be found. So my theory is that I packed them, but then a burglar hid in the cargo hold of the plane, unlocked my suitcase, carefully extracted the sunglasses and left everything else untouched, and then re-locked the suitcase so that no one would ever suspect what had happened. It's possible, right?
But at least I know where the watch is: on my left wrist, where it's supposed to be. It keeps time masterfully and looks very cool. Just one thing: I can't figure out how to make it tell me the right date. I've set it approximately 14 times in the past two days, and still, it finds a way to jump to some strange date. So this morning, I decided to just let it do its thing, and what I have figured out is that apparently, this watch changes dates about every four hours. Super. Now all I have to do is move to Jupiter, and I'll be set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment