Ok, time to divulge an odd fact: I really, really like flying. I like airports. I like the smell of airplanes. I like that the meals come wrapped in that tinfoil stuff. In fact, I often wish my local supermarket sold airplane food. I even kind of enjoy the whole going through security, removing your shoes process because come on, now. How many times do you ever get to walk around in your socks in a public place?
There is, however, one thing I'm not so fond of: changes in schedule. I like knowing, down to the minute, when I'm supposed to be boarding, and taking off, and enjoying my trail mix and coke. So I don't particularly enjoy it when flights get delayed or cancelled. But as much as I dislike that, I've decided that I like it much less when flights get pre-poned.
About a month ago, I got an email informing me that my flight to Newark, which was supposed to depart at 11 am was now scheduled to depart at 8 am. Which meant that McMoose and I had to wake up at 5:30 this morning so that we could get everything in the car, panic about last minute things, say good-bye to the cats, panic some more, get to the airport, park the car, take the bus, and so on. It was the first time I've been up that early since high school. I'm not pleased. And once we get to Newark, we will have approximately 8 hours of sitting around and waiting for our next flight. And since we're both already grumpy travelers, that means we get to start the "honeymoon" with 8 hours of sniping at each other NON STOP. Can you feel the love?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're probably sitting in Newark as I type. Hopefully you've already taken off.
The only thing I think is weird about your love of flying is your excitement over the food and that comment of wishing your grocery store carried it (please tell me there was a slight bit of sarcasm there, somehow I don't think so though.)
Enjoy your sock experiences, your trail mix and that smell of airplane...
Post a Comment