Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Getting Hot In Here

A few days ago, when I was still at home, I was watching the weather forecast on the news, which warned that Raleigh would be experiencing a heat wave and that it was expected that temperatures would soar into the 90's or even the 100's. My first thought upon watching this forecast was, "Oh, thank goodness we won't be in town for that." The thing that I very conveniently ignored was that the reason we're out of town is that we're in INDIA. You know, that country that's kinda close to the equator? Where it's hot, oh, ALL THE TIME?

The past two or three visits I've made to India have been around Christmastime, when I've been perfectly happy to escape the cold and the snow and the NEVER ENDING, UNSTOPPABLE WIND that have graced my last two places of residence. Plus, in December, the weather's pretty nice in this part of India--and by "pretty nice," I mean that it's usually in the lower 80's. In the beginning of June, however, comes the hottest part of the summer. And if "nice" means lower 80's, "hottest part of the summer" means that I'm melting. Slowly. Painfully. SWEATILY. And McMoose looks roughly like a turnip with a goatee.

1 comment:

ssgreylord said...

poor mcmoose. poor you. not too much sympathy from Arizona though where it's over 100 ALL summer. Oh well, what can we say, it's still worth it.