Saturday, June 14, 2008

Animal Paradise

We woke up this morning to what sounded like an animal being killed. As it turned out, it was not an animal being killed, but rather a very young cat being carried around by its mother. Aww, how cute, right? Except that the place that it was being carried to was our bathroom window. And when I say "window," I mean "open hole in the wall" because apparently, window glass? Not always a big priority for old fashioned resorts.

So I spent a while worrying that the possibly rabid, possibly very mean cat might bring its kitten into our bathroom, and that it might then abandon said kitten in said bathroom, and then, not only would I not be able to take a shower, but McMoose and I would also have to figure out the intricacies of (a) importing a cat from India to the U.S. and (b) lying to our new apartment managers about the number of pets we have living in our zoo. Luckily for us and for the kitten, the mother cat decided that we didn't look all that trustworthy after all and, kitten in mouth, left in a huff.

With the cats gone, I decided that I should seize the opportunity to take a shower before any more of the local wildlife decided to visit. After waiting for a torturously long time for the water to get oh-so-deliciously warm, I hopped in, only to discover a lizard watching me from the ceiling and looking like he was ready to jump on my head the instant I closed my eyes to shampoo my hair.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll be able to squeeze in that shower.

No comments: