My accomplishments this week:
- Doing lots of productive work. LOTS. Including finally being able to get a woman on the phone whom I've been trying (and failing) to reach for the past three months. Granted, the conversation itself was very frustrating, but at least now I know that this person does actually exist and isn't just a figment of my somewhat overactive imagination.
- Knitting every single night. Which doesn't seem like an accomplishment, except when you consider that the thing I'm knitting is a baby blanket for a friend whose baby shower is in ONE WEEK. So I'm kinda facing a time crunch here.
- Gagging fewer than 20 times. For the ENTIRE WEEK. Do you have any idea how big a milestone this is? I can walk into a building without feeling sick! I can eat things with tomatoes in them! I CAN STAY AWAKE PAST 10 PM WITHOUT THROWING UP. See? Complaining to the universe does work.
- Hearing The Bug's heartbeat at the doctor's office this morning. Yes, the person who has taken up residence inside me will be called The Bug for the next month or so because (a) while we HAVE names picked out already, we don't know if it's a boy or girl and I'm sick of all variations of the baby/the fetus/the child-to-be, etc, and (b) it annoys McMoose when I call it The Bug.
- Being in my adviser's good books. Because in exactly 4 days, I'll have to bite the bullet and inform her about The Bug and then, I'll lose all the good will I've engendered over the past two and a half years, so I'm enjoying this while it lasts.
- BEING DONE WITH THE FIRST TRIMESTER. Dude, that's 33% of the pregnancy. And? It's the SCARY 33%. And I got through it and The Bug is apparently still alive and has a heartbeat. Which means that I now have to face the very real possibility that I might have an actual, human baby in about half a year.
1 comment:
Hahaha, very funny!! McMoose looks like he's enjoying himself!
BTW, any mention in your blog of your wonderful mother and lovely family???:):)....
Post a Comment