I "worked" from home today. I think it's necessary to have those quotation marks around the word worked because so far, I haven't actually gotten any work done. I have, however:
-Walked the dog. Twice. Within a two hour time period.
-Talked to a small child who was wandering around the neighborhood by herself. She wanted to come to my house to play with the dog. I said no. She pouted. I left.
-Watched an embarrassing number of episodes of CSI.
-Drank three cups of coffee, also within a two hour period.
-Stomped on all the creaky parts of the floor because the guy downstairs has his music turned up as loud as it will go and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY.
-Watched another episode of CSI.
-Spied on the mailman.
-STOMPED ON THE CREAKY PARTS OF THE FLOOR.
-Considered making a phone call that needs to be made. Decided against it. Considered writing part of my thesis proposal. Decided against it. Considered registering for classes for next semester. Very quickly decided against it.
-Calculated the cost of the flowers for my wedding. It came to $820. I never thought I'd be excited about paying that much for flowers, but I am because something possessed me to tell the florist that I was willing to spend up to $1500. (What was I thinking?)
-Laughed manically at the agreement the florist emailed me because it said half of the cost had to be paid six weeks in advance. Hoped that they would waive that requirement because we now have two weeks to go, and I haven't mastered the fine art of time travel yet.
-Had a staring contest with the dog, who didn't understand the rules and wandered off two minutes into the game.
Ok, now what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment