Friday, May 23, 2008

Feeling Bugged

A while ago, we had a very large spider that refused to die. We washed it down the sink. It crawled back up. We tried smushing it with a paper towel. It was miraculously unharmed. We told it in no uncertain terms that its presence was not appreciated. It was unfazed. Finally, McMoose smushed it AND flushed it down the toilet. We hadn't seen it in about a week, and we spent the entire week rejoicing. It is now sitting on the wall and staring at me. Damn.

On any other day, I'd concede defeat and let the spider have this room. Today, however, I inadvertently let a bee (wasp, maybe?) into the living room. And in order to get to any of the other rooms in the apartment, I have to go through the living room. And although the spider is spooky and seemingly immortal, the bee? It can sting. So the spider, the dog and I have called a truce and have decided to share this room. Meanwhile, the cats are turning the rest of my apartment upside down in a futile attempt to catch the bee because apparently, they haven't been informed that bees can FLY and they cannot. This is not how I imagined spending my day today.

1 comment:

ssgreylord said...

So once when we were driving into our garage I saw this dark, furry little creature. We got out to inspect and it was a TARANTULA! That could definitely not live in our near our house... so we flushed water down its hole and he's never been seen again. Do I feel guilty as a vegetarian with animal's rights? Hell no!

GREAT post again. So simple yet so funny!