Saturday, May 17, 2008

Phone-tastic

I called a restaurant to make a reservation yesterday.

Me: Hi, my name is Anisha and I need to make a reservation for forty people for two weeks from today.
Guy who answered phone: Ok.
Me: Um...do you need any other information?
Guy: Thank you, no. We will see you tonight.
Me: Wait, no, wait! It's not for tonight. It's for two weeks from today. May 30th? At 7 PM.
Guy: Ok.
Me: Do I have to do anything else?
Guy: How many people?
Me: 40.
Guy: So 40 for tonight and 40 for May 30th?
Me: No. 40 for May 30th. I don't need a reservation for tonight.
Guy: So you want to cancel a prior reservation for tonight?
Me: No, I don't HAVE a prior reservation. I'm trying to MAKE a reservation.
Guy: For tonight?

And then my ears exploded from sheer frustration. This is exactly why I hope Alexander Graham Bell is being poked by the devil right now.

No comments: