Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Bad

I went to talk to the apartment people YET AGAIN, in the vain hope that maybe today might be the day that they will finally fix that leak in the shower.

Me: Hi, I called about a leaky shower a week ago. Do you think maintenance will be able to get out there today?
Apartment person: Uh...you're from Apt 7306, right? They came out yesterday.
Me: 7306? No...I'm from 7207.
AP: Huh. Well, it says here that it was 7306. Our guy was kind of confused because there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the shower.
Me: Oh. Yeah. Um. 7306 was our old apartment. I...must've given you the wrong number. Sorry.

And now, I feel (a) stupid because I can't ever remember our actual address, and (b) guilty for all the mean thoughts I've been thinking about the managers of our apartment complex. Oops.

1 comment:

ssgreylord said...

Be gentle on yourself... you've got that wedding coming up and I'm sure you're a little preoccupied. Besides, you have to admit it was kinda funny. Can't you see him showing up at the other apt. checking a perfectly good shower?