Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Scarry Lion with Exceptionally White Teeth

You know those children's books by Richard Scarry? I think they were called "The Busy World of Richard Scarry." Remember them? And there was always the lion with the sore tooth and it would tie a huge scarf around its head? I can totally identify with that lion right now. In fact, if I had a huge scarf, I'd tie it around my head and then, I'd eat anyone who made fun of me. Because right now? It feels like a bolt of lightning jumped from the sky and directly onto my right incisor. And it's totally self-induced.

I had this superbly stupid idea that brides should have bright and shiny teeth, so I went out to the nearest Target and bought a handy-dandy tooth whitening product. Came home, put the thing in my mouth, sat there slurring my speech and drooling for thirty minutes, and as a result, my mouth feels like it houses at least 12 raw nerves. And now? It's time for the next application.

Vanity, thy name is Bride.

2 comments:

ssgreylord said...

I like your writing style. And the last line was great. Thanks for your honesty and your humor.

Anonymous said...

Funny story and fantastic narration. Keep blogging, you make my day.