It's Memorial Day. And for me (and, I'm sure, millions of other Americans), that means it's time for Memorial Day sales. And I would like to spend the day pretending that my bank account will allow me to buy fun things--clothes, shoes, the newest battery powered cat toys. That last one is especially tempting. Instead, we will spend today looking at furniture.
In theory, this is a good thing. It's time to get rid of the card table that we use as a dining table, and that the cats use as a place to sleep. It's time to get rid of the end table from the 70's that we use as a coffee table, and that the cats use as a place to sleep. And it is definitely, without a question, time to get rid of the end table that I use as a nightstand and (can you predict the end of this sentence???) that the cats use as a place to sleep.
The reality of the matter? McMoose and I are polar opposites on most things in life, and furniture preference is no different. He likes dark woods. I like light. He likes outdoorsy looking things. I say that if I wanted to feel like I was outside, I would GO OUTSIDE. He thinks about what would be best for our bank account NOW. I think about the fact that if we buy the cheap furniture, we'll regret it in a year.
And to make it even more interesting, my dad is going to go with us. *Muahaha* I hope he's prepared because furniture shopping with me and McMoose? It could probably be considered an extreme sport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with the shopping. Love the extreme sport comment. Just remember, stay hydrated, and tackle it with gusto, McMoose, Dad and all...
Post a Comment