After four years of loving my current glasses, I finally had to give up the ghost and go get a new pair today. I've put this off for as long as possible, but I realized that with imminent arrival of The Bug, I'll probably be wearing my glasses more often, so if there ever was a time for new glasses, this was it. If this were a commercial for MasterCard, it would go something like this:
-Cheapest set of frames in the store that weren't neon green or sparkly pink: $175
-Putting lenses into said frames: $100
-Making sure those lenses are not an inch thick: $75
-Adding a non-reflective coating to those lenses so that I can drive at night without crashing into a tree: $70
-Owning a pair of glasses that (a) are the right prescription and (b) have 2 intact earpieces because they have not yet encountered Yellow Cat's teeth: Priceless.
Except that I have Visa, so it wasn't priceless at all. In fact, it was highly price-full. And if Yellow Cat so much as GLANCES in the direction of these new glasses, he will be thrown swiftly across the room.
Oh, and at first, I told the salesman that I didn't care about the thickness of the glasses, but I quickly realized that if I have to wear them out in public, I WOULD care, and also it annoys me when my eyelashes hit the back of the glass because it's so thick, so I told him I changed my mind and wanted the thin lenses. He responded by asking what made me change my mind, and I replied that I would probably be wearing them more in the next few months, what with the baby and all. His response: "Oh, yeah, I thought you were pregnant, but I wasn't sure." Um...really? Because pretty much the only options at this point are "pregnant" or "crazy woman with a pillow stuffed up her shirt."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment