Earlier today, I sent the final draft of my thesis out to my committee members. This means, of course, that I no longer get to fix any misspelled words or misplaced commas and that I no longer get to run "just one more" statistical test on the data. So knowing that once I hit the send button on my email, it would quite literally be out of my hands, I sat there for a full 17 minutes (Yes, I counted), staring at the screen and quietly freaking out, until my friend threatened to come over and hit the send button herself. And then, the instant it was Out There, I remembered at least three changes that I should have made, but didn't. Of course.
Afterwards, I did the pregnant-woman equivalent of having a beer, which is to say that I had a Very Large brownie and two glasses of milk. Ahh, the crazy life...
So next on my thesis to-do list is finding clothes for the defense that (a) look professional, (b) fully cover the belly, and (c) are inexpensive enough that I won't have to feel guilty that I only plan to wear them once. I feel this will be at least as much, if not more of a challenge than it was to actually conduct the study and write up the paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey...I am Keith Czeskleba's wife Jamie...not sure we have ever met, but I have a solution for your clothing dilema. I am an accountant and had to were professional clothes (with flip flops) the entire time I was prego with the twins (or at least I tried). I found that a dress (made of a stretchy...jersy...not as stiff as spandex material) and a nice suit jacket always looked professional and definitely covered the belly. I wore dresses from my closet (my normal size) because of the material they just stretched over the belly. Also, Mommy tank tops (those with a shelf bra) are longer and tend to cover the belly with ease. Hope this helps.
Jamie--Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely have to go through my closet and see if I have anything that will work this weekend.
Congratulations on your thesis submission. A job well done. Hope somebody will be taking pictures???
Post a Comment