I was thrilled when I passed the morning sickness phase of this pregnancy because even though I didn't have a particularly bad case of it (i.e.- I can count the number of times I actually threw up on one hand), it still wasn't pleasant to be constantly nauseous. And maybe even worse than the nausea was the ridiculous oversensitivity to the smell of being indoors, which came as a complete surprise because no one had ever warned me about that. If someone had tried to tell me that "Hey, you're going to wish you lived in a box because every time you enter a building, that building will smell like stale bacon and there is NOTHING worse than the smell of stale bacon," I would probably have thought that person was crazy.
Imagine my great surprise when I woke up this morning feeling nauseous. And somewhat shaky. And somewhat like I used to during the first 13 weeks of this pregnancy. Except that right now, instead of smelling like stale bacon, the world smells like the inside of an airplane--a little bit metallic, a little bit like the alcohol wipes they give you, a little bit like over-purified air. And although this is better than stale bacon, it still leaves a lot to be desired. Here's hoping this is a temporary situation and that it will resolve itself soon because I am not feeling this whole regression-to-an-earlier-stage-of-pregnancy thing that seems to be going on here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment