Tuesday, April 7, 2009

When Dreaming Ends

Just before I woke up this morning, I had a dream that it was 5 AM and I couldn't sleep, so instead, I got up, walked and fed The Dog, and then worked on some of the final edits for my thesis, before going back to bed. So when I actually woke up, I was thoroughly confused because I didn't know whether the dream had really been a dream, or whether I had truly woken up at 5:30 and done all of those things. After thinking about it for a while, I realized that it would have been completely uncharacteristic of me to walk The Dog that early in the morning. Plus, The Dog was acting like a complete fool and he usually only does that when (a) he hasn't been fed yet and (b) he hasn't been walked yet.

Feeling confident that the dream had, in fact, been just a dream, I proceeded to feed The Dog and since McMoose was working from home today, asked him to take The Dog out. And then, I meandered here and there, did some crosswords, answered some emails, and generally puttered around with the idea of doing some work. Finally, after lunch, I decided that it was time to get serious, so I opened up my thesis document...only to find that the edits I had planned on making today had already been made.

So. Did I actually wake up at 5 and do all the things I thought I had dreamt about (in which case, The Dog made out like a bandit today)? Or did I make the edits yesterday and forget? Or did I just edit the thesis and then dream about doing the rest? I'm so confused!

No comments: