Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Dog has long since proven himself to be Most Untrustworthy in terms of being left in a room alone, so as a result, our apartment is gated and situated such that he is never allowed to be out of sight from us, ever. That way, when he tries to pull up the carpet or pee on the floor, he can't use the "But I thought you couldn't see me" excuse. And when McMoose and I are out of the apartment, Dog gets to spend quality time in his kennel. So you can imagine my surprise when I got home this afternoon and found myself greeted at the door by excited, doggy kisses.

My first thought was that maybe McMoose had worked from home today, but after a thorough search of the apartment (and a glance out at the parking lot), that did not seem to be the case. Then, I thought that maybe we forgot to put him in the kennel this morning, but after a thorough search of my memory, that didn't seem to be the case either. So I'm left now with the following questions: How did the Dog, who is sorely lacking in opposable thumbs, open BOTH the latches on the kennel door? How did the Dog, who can barely hop into my car, jump OVER the baby gate that has been set up to prevent him from wandering from the office (where the kennel is located) into the living room (where the Dog was located)? And perhaps most importantly, how is it possible that the Dog was wandering free in the apartment, but the trash had not been disturbed, the furniture had not been chewed, and there was no objectionable material on the carpet?

No comments: