I forgot to do my weekly bullet post yesterday, so instead, here it comes today:
-We got new furniture! Yayyy! This means that (a) we're going to actually have to start eating at the table like civilized folk, instead of munching our meals in front of the TV and (b) I no longer have to worry about cockroaches climbing in my ear while I'm asleep. Except that it seems it would be easier for cockroaches to climb up the wooden bedposts than the mattress itself...so maybe I have to worry about it more now?
-The cats were most displeased about all the ruckus. They cowered, they shied, they hid. And now? They've both discovered that the new bed is high. And moreover, that they can now get UNDER the bed, which means that any day now, they'll be making a hole in the bottom cover of our box spring. I give it 48 hours.
-The furniture delivery man huffed and puffed up the two flights of stairs, and then grumbled at me about my choice of living on the third floor. Trust me, Mr. Delivery Guy, we moved a WHOLE APARTMENT worth of stuff up those stairs. We KNOW it was a bad decision. But at least there are no heavy-footed people walking around above us.
-I slept for 10 hours last night. And right now? There's nothing I'd enjoy more than a nice, long nap. If I were a bear, I'd be getting ready to hibernate right about now...I count this as further evidence that I should have been a bear.
No comments:
Post a Comment