So when we first moved into our current apartment, we were quickly confronted by cockroaches, which freaked me out to no end. In fact, my desire to own things like a bed became much stronger as a result of the roach incident(s) because to my way of thinking, the more distance there is between me and the floor (aka, the domain of the Roach), the better it is for all involved. Fortunately for me, aside from one incident a couple of weeks ago when a roach hopped on my foot and made me hop about 5 feet in the air, these particular nuisances haven't been back.
Notice how I said these particular nuisances? That's because other nuisances have made their presence very well known. Ants, for example. As of yesterday, we have ants in our bathroom. Lots of them. And they're not even in a line, so there's no way of telling where they're coming from. All I know is that I have no fewer than four ant bites on my feet and I am most displeased. And gnats. I think the last time I bought bananas, a couple of gnats hitched a ride from the supermarket because now, they're buzzing around the living room. Granted, there are only a few of them, but that doesn't endear them to me any more.
Since I'd really like to be rid of both the ants and the gnats, I asked around at school to see if anyone else had these problems. Turns out Raleigh is the insect capital of the civilized world, because EVERYONE had an insect story to share. And you know what the common thread of all these stories was? THERE'S NO WAY TO GET RID OF THEM. Super.
No comments:
Post a Comment