I'm writing this post at 8:20 in the morning. More to the point, I'm writing this post at 8:20 in the morning ON LABOR DAY. Which is a holiday. Which means that I could still be sleeping right now. Instead of which, I've already been awake for an hour-and-a-half, which means that today? On Labor Day? When I could have slept in? I actually woke up AN HOUR EARLIER than I would if it was a normal workday. In fact, for a person who was exhausted all day yesterday and who was counting down the hours until bedtime, my sleep was woefully interrupted all night:
11 PM: went to bed (an hour early because my eyes refused to stay open any longer).
2 AM: woke up feeling hungry. Tossed. Turned. Told myself that I was being unreasonable. Eventually fell back asleep.
3:15 AM: woke up feeling hungry. Tossed. Turned. Told myself that I was being absolutely ridiculous. Couldn't fall back to sleep. Drank a GIANT glass of water in order to trick my stomach into thinking I had eaten an entire turkey. Fell back asleep.
4:15 AM: woke up because McMoose was grumbling LOUDLY in his sleep. Came to the stark realization that maybe there's a good reason why people don't normally drink 12 ounces of water at 3:30 in the morning. Went to the bathroom. Went back to bed. Realized that I was still hungry. Counted hamburgers until I fell back asleep.
5:45 AM: woke up, still feeling the after effects of the water. Another trip to the bathroom. Ate a cookie to curb the hunger. Fell asleep fairly quickly.
6:50 AM: woke up feeling hungry AGAIN. Decided that this whole thing was just ludicrous. Got out of bed. Ate some dry cereal. Worked on my thesis proposal and was STUNNINGLY productive (Yay for me!).
8:20 AM: wrote this blog post.
So, ok. I didn't get to sleep in until noon, as per my original plan. But I DID get a lot done, considering that on any other day, I'd still be stumbling around half-asleep at this time of day. But the problem with all of this? I'm still tired. And also? I'm unreasonably jealous of McMoose, who stayed asleep during all of this. So now, I'm going to go make loud noises in the bedroom in the hopes of waking him up. Right AFTER I have some more cereal because OH MY GOODNESS, THE UNSTOPPABLE HUNGER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment