I got chased down by a firetruck this morning. I was driving, the road was busy (and only had one lane going each way), the firetruck got behind me, I panicked and turned into an Arby's parking lot...and the firetruck TURNED IN BEHIND ME. With lights flashing and horn blaring. So I thought okay, the fire is in the Arby's building so let me just go ahead on out of the parking lot and onto the side street...and the firetruck followed me AGAIN.
By this point, my entire body was dripping down a cold sweat and I was on the verge of a panic attack because when you've been trained for 8 years to GET OUT OF THE WAY of emergency vehicles and then one fine day, you find that no matter what you do, the emergency vehicle is behind you, you tend to get a little nervous. So I continued down the side street, which was both one-way and very, very narrow, so there was no place for me to pull over. Finally, I decided the best plan would be to pull into the nearest driveway...and GUESS where the fire was. Go ahead. Take a stab at it. If you guessed that it was in the house belonging to the driveway I pulled into, you get a shiny gold star for being well-versed in the evil schemes of Irony. Suffice it to say that I did not make it to class on time this morning.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment